Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
wh3171 Offline

23.10.2019 09:57
in San Francisco during the 2005 season Antworten

ANAHEIM, Calif. Connor McGovern Cowboys Jersey . - St. Louis scored more runs than the Los Angeles Angels had allowed in their previous six games combined, and the Cardinals table-setters were responsible for driving in half of them. Jon Jay had three RBIs, including a two-run homer off centre fielder Mike Trouts glove during St. Louis seven-run second inning, and the Cardinals ended Los Angeles seven-game winning streak with a 12-2 rout on Wednesday night. Matt Carpenter, batting leadoff in front of Jay, also homered and drove in three runs to help keep the Cardinals two games behind Pittsburgh in the NL Central. "Matt Carpenter sets the tone for us, and he had a terrific game," manager Mike Matheny said. "He put together good at-bats and he doesnt give any away. It was also nice to see John Jay have some real nice at-bats. We need to get him going, and today was a real good indicator that hes on the right path. Hes been making some adjustments that are allowing him to have good at-bats, and it worked out for him today." Shelby Miller (9-6) struck out six over six innings and allowed five hits, including a two-run homer by Hank Conger in the second. The right-hander was coming off back-to-back losses against two other AL West clubs, including a 6-1 defeat last Friday at Oakland in which he lasted only 1 2-3 innings and gave up five runs. "I wouldnt say I was any fresher tonight. I mean, I threw 51 pitches in the second inning at Oakland and thats going to wear your arm down more so than going eight innings and throwing 100 pitches," Miller said. "But I felt strong, so I basically wanted to try to go deep in the ballgame. My pitch (count) rose up again, but I got some big plays behind me. "The biggest thing was just trying to get the ball down and hit the corners," Miller added. "I felt like I was on the corners — not the whole game, but more so than I had been. My fastball command was better and I felt like my curve ball was sharper. I just made that one mistake to Conger where I did that slide-step and tried to fool him with the curve, but I just hung it and left it right over the middle of the plate." Jerome Williams (5-4) was charged with seven runs, four hits and four walks in just 1 2-3 innings. The right-hander had not given up more than three bases on balls in any of his previous 17 starts. "After winning that many in a row, you almost always think youre due for a butt-kicking," Angels right fielder Josh Hamilton said. "Youd rather lose one like this than a really close one, but youve got to put it behind you." One night after the Angels scored all of their runs in the second inning of a series-opening 5-1 victory, the Cardinals sent 12 men to the plate in the second after Williams had set them down 1-2-3 in the first. The seven-run rally included a two-run double by David Descalso, and a two-run homer by Jay that Trout had in his glove for an instant before it popped out as his arm made contact with the top of the fence. "The hardest play to make is when you get there at the same time as the ball," Hamilton said. "Youre moving pretty good when you get there and dont have time to really have a chance to time anything." Yadier Molina, who raised his NL-leading average to .352 after going 3 for 4 with a walk, greeted Garrett Richards with an RBI single that delivered the seventh run. The Angels got two runs back in the bottom half on Congers fifth homer after a two-out walk to Alberto Callaspo. But David Freese scored an unearned run in the Cardinals third when Richards mishandled a throw from first baseman Mark Trumbo on Carpenters two-out grounder behind the bag. St. Louis increased the margin to 10-2 in the fifth on a run-scoring, ground-rule double by Carpenter and an RBI single by Jay, who had driven in only one run in his previous 35 at-bats coming in. It was only his second game this season with three or more RBIs, the other on May 4 when he had four at Milwaukee. Carpenter ended the scoring in the eighth with his eighth homer, a solo shot off Billy Buckner. NOTES: Matheny caught Williams when they were teammates in San Francisco during the 2005 season. ... St. Louis LF Matt Holliday didnt play for the second straight night because of a pinched nerve in his neck. ... Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright was named the NL pitcher of the month for June after going 4-2 with a 1.77 ERA in six starts, including a pair of complete-game 7-1 victories over San Francisco and Oakland. He is the only one on the staff this season to average at least seven innings per outing. ... Molina was back in the fifth spot in the batting order, after hitting in the two hole the previous six games and going 7 for 25 with a homer and three RBIs. ... Cardinals LF Allen Craig drew three walks in the first four innings, matching the total he had in 116 plate appearances over his previous 28 games. He has 18 this season in 338 plate appearances. ... Wednesday was the fourth anniversary of Albert Pujols 10th career grand slam with the Cardinals, which broke Stan Musials franchise record. ... Jays only other interleague home run came on June 30, 2011, at Baltimore against Brian Matusz. ... The Angels have committed 61 errors, the second-most in the AL. The Cardinals have made 34, the fewest in the NL. ... Howie Kendricks 102 hits are the most by an Angels second baseman before the All-Star break. Charles Haley Jersey . The win gives Canada its fifth title at the World Sledge Hockey Challenge. "Weve got to keep pushing," said Westlake, who led Canada with five goals in the tournament. "The second you let off the pedal, everyone catches up. Amari Cooper Jersey . They are back to a game above .500 on the year and back to .500 on the road. It was their 10th extra time game of the year, and only the second one that did not got to a shootout. https://www.cowboyssportsgoods.com/Womens-Emmitt-Smith-Inverted-Jersey/ . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil.Jamie Carragher described Ramiro Funes Mori as embarrassing after he patted the Everton badge following his red card in the Merseyside derby. Everton were 2-0 down when the central defender was shown a straight red on 50 minutes for a challenge on Divock Origi, forcing the Liverpool striker to be taken off the field on a stretcher.Funes Mori gestured to the Everton fans as he left the field, but the supporters were ultimately made to suffer as their rivals ran out 4-0 winners on the night. Ramiro Funes Mori of Everton receives a red card during the Merseyside derby. Roberto Martinez has a selection dilemma on his hands for Saturdays FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United with Phil Jagielka and John Stones injured and Funes Mori now suspended.And former Liverpool defender Carragher described his actions as nonsense as he reviewed them in the Sky Sports studio.He has let himself down with the challenge, he said. Talking points Analysis of a one-sided Merseyside derby It happens in football. Chuck Howley Cowboys Jersey. Ive made bad challenges and other players have made bad challenges, but going off the pitch he was kissing his badge to the Everton fans.I was made up he went off in some ways because it helped Liverpool get more goals, but why was he kissing the badge?Number one, he has only been here for two minutes and number two, why is he playing to the crowd because he has injured a Liverpool player? Are they going to be happy with that? Ramiro Funes Mori gestured to the Everton fans as he left the field They were getting battered in the game and hes now going to miss the biggest game of the season when theyve got Jagielka out.Its embarrassing. What is he doing? Everton fans wont fall for that nonsense.It was the only challenge anyone put in by the way, but it was a bad one. Also See: Martinez: Horrible showing Liverpool thump sorry Everton Moyes: Everton were terrible Origi injured ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz