Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
wh3171 Offline

23.10.2019 09:56
left leg as he talked with Ovechkin Antworten

DETROIT -- Jimmy Howard failed to stop Alex Ovechkins shot in the final seconds of regulation. Lakers Jerseys China . But that was the last time he let a puck get past him in a successful return to the ice. Patrick Eaves scored on Detroits seventh attempt in a shootout and Howard denied Washington seven times, giving the Red Wings a 4-3 victory over the Capitals on Friday night. Howard made 26 saves after missing four games with an injured left knee. "I felt surprisingly good," he said. "I didnt have any issues at all with the knee, which I think is a great sign because I came back last time and still felt it every once in a while." Ovechkin tied the game with 7 seconds left in the third period, but was one of seven shooters who couldnt score on Howard. "I had opportunity before to put puck in the net," Ovechkin said. "Howard played really well." Detroits Gustav Nyquist scored a tiebreaking goal midway through the third period, but the Red Wings couldnt prevent the NHLs goal-scoring leader from sending the game to overtime. The Capitals pulled their goaltender late in regulation and the move paid off. After a short break on the bench, Ovechkin had time and space to wind up for a slap shot from above the circles that sent the puck past Howard and into the net to make it 3-all. "Ovechkins a dangerous guy," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said. Ovechkin has 39 goals this season, his highest total since scoring 50 times during the 2009-10 season The banged-up Red Wings welcomed back two key players: Howard and Henrik Zetterberg Zetterberg had missed two games with a back injury. "I think Zetterberg on the bench really helped," Babcock said. "I dont care who you are, when a lot of your best players arent there, youre wondering where the next goals coming from." Michal Neuvirth stopped 42 shots to match a career high. One of his first was perhaps his best, flashing his glove to snag Nyquists shot off a rebound just in front of the net midway through the first period. He also gave Washington a shot to win in the shootout, stopping the first six shots he faced. "Very frustrating being so close to a win, but at least we got one point," he said. Jason Chimera put the Capitals ahead 1-0 at the 15:24 mark of the first period on a power play and teammate Casey Wellman tied it at 2-all midway through the third, scoring on his third straight shot in a 2-second sequence. "Took a couple of whacks at it and it went in," Wellman said. Washington had a chance to tie the game again when it went on the power play with 3:29 left in the game. Howard, though, helped the Red Wings stay ahead by smothering a shot from Ovechkin. "He made huge saves on the penalty kill late," Babcock said. "They had good chances and he made great saves." The lead didnt last much longer because Ovechkin made it 3-all late in regulation. "People dont realize how hard that shot is," Capitals coach Adam Oates said. "The ice is terrible at that time, the pass comes a long way. Just to get good wood on that puck is very difficult. He seems to shine at that moment." Drew Miller tied the game early in the second and Danny DeKeyser gave the Red Wings their first lead late in the period. "All in all, the guys worked really hard and we scored a goal late," Oates said. "I think the guys gotta feel pretty good about that. Yeah, you want to win it, but I think they feel pretty good." Howard helped, too, and will be on the U.S. team at the Winter Olympics in two weeks if he can stay healthy. Detroit star forward Pavel Datsyuk missed his 12th straight game with a lower-body injury. Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said he hopes Datsyuk can play at least one game in the next week. The captain of Russias team has vowed he will be healthy enough to go for gold in his home country, but he declined to talk to a reporter following a postgame chat with Ovechkin, an Olympic teammate, that lasted about 10 minutes. Datsyuk often picked up, bent and extended his left leg as he talked with Ovechkin. "We just talked about his injury," Ovechkin said. "I hope hes going to be OK." NOTES: Washington defenceman Mike Green was scratched with a concussion, a night after he was hit hard into the boards on a check by Columbus Boone Jenner. "Were going through the process of testing him," Oates said. ... Nyquist has scored in five of six games and has 10 goals in 29 games this season, putting him in contention to replace injured Red Wings teammate Johan Franzen on Swedens team at the Sochi Games. ... Neuvirth also made 42 saves on Feb. 5, 2010. Cheap Lakers Jerseys . After seven wins in a row, they have to do it one more time to get into the playoffs. Lakers Jerseys 2019 . With just under five seconds remaining - the Raptors having clawed back from a 19-point deficit and pulled within one - DeRozan took the handoff from Chuck Hayes. https://www.lakersjerseycheap.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla.TORONTO -- The return of third baseman Brett Lawrie lasted all of three innings before he left the game with lower back tightness. Left-hander Mark Buehrle, meanwhile, lasted only four innings in his start. That just about summed up the way things went on Tuesday for the Toronto Blue Jays as they extended their losing streak to four games with a 9-3 defeat at the hands of the Baltimore Orioles. The Blue Jays dropped to five games off the pace in the American League East as the first-place Orioles won their third in a row. The return of Lawrie, who suffered a broken finger in June, was supposed to give the Blue Jays a boost in the opener of the three-game set between the top two teams in the division. But he felt something in his back during batting practice and again during the game. He singled in his only at-bat, in the second inning, and was replaced at third base by Danny Valencia after the third. "We dont think its anything serious," manager John Gibbons said. "Hes day-to-day." Lawrie was scheduled to have an MRI on Wednesday. "It was just kind of grabbing me a little bit as I was warming up and kind of just going about my day," he said. "This is my first game back, I really dont want to make it permanent that I dont get back. So I really just wanted to get out of there and see what it was." Lawrie said he had had no back problems during his rehabilitation process from the broken finger until Tuesday. Caleb Joseph, Jonathan Schoop and Chris Davis hit solo home runs for the Orioles who outhit the Blue Jays 14-12 and stranded 11 runners to the Blue Jays 10. "With us losing today doesnt mean our season is over," Buehrle said. "If somebody thought we were going to come in and sweep these guys, youre on some good drugs, thats not going to happen. Theyre in first place for a reason." Orioles right-hander Bud Norris (9-7) allowed seven hits and two runs, both on a homer by Colby Rasmus, in 5 1/3 innings. Norris is 3-0 in five career starts against Toronto. Buehrle (11-8) allowed 10 hits, including two home runs, three walks and four runs in four innings. He is 1-7 in his past 11 starts. "Its frustrating giving up 10 hits in four innings," Buehrle said. "I feel like Im making some quality pitches at certain times and Im making mistakes and theyre making me pay for them." Added Gibbons: "Basically they just hit him around pretty good. Hes a location guy. Hes a control artist. Hes got some guys in that lineup over there who have hit him in his career so its not an easy lineup for him to face. A lot of power guys. Hes got to be on. When hes off hes going to be hit." Orioles manager Buck Showalter said his team was lucky to have caught Buehrle ";on a down night. Los Angeles Lakers Pro Shop. " "Were fortunate," Showalter said. "Weve had a couple of good offensive nights. I hope it continues." The Orioles (64-48) stranded five runners over the first two innings before cashing in with a run in the third on a one-out walk to Delmon Young and a two-out double by J.J. Hardy. The Orioles took a 4-0 lead with a three-run fourth that opened with back-to-back homers by Joseph and Schoop. Nick Markakis and Manny Machado followed with singles before Adam Jones popped out. Youngs grounder to third took a bad hop for an RBI single. Nelson Cruz grounded into a double play to end the inning. The Blue Jays (60-54) cut the lead in half in their fourth on a leadoff single by Dioner Navarro and, with two out, the 15th homer of the season by Rasmus. Davis hit his 18th homer of the season against right-hander Aaron Sanchez with one out in the fifth to give the Orioles a 5-2 lead. Sanchez allowed another run in the sixth on two walks and a single by Cruz. Left-hander Brian Matusz replaced Norris in the sixth after Valencias one-out single. Matusz was replaced by right-hander Tommy Hunter after Ryan Goins and Jose Reyes started the seventh inning with singles. Melky Cabrera singled to load the bases. Jose Bautista hit a sacrifice fly to right to cut the lead to 6-3, but Navarro ended the threat when he grounded into a double play. The Orioles increased their lead to 9-3 in the eighth after Dustin McGowan allowed walks to Machado and Young and a single to Jones to load the bases. Cruz hit a sacrifice fly and Hardy singled in a run. Left-hander Aaron Loup took over and allowed a sacrifice fly by Davis on a foul ball that was caught by Valencia who had a long run down the line. "A big statement game for us here the first game of the series," Norris said. "These guys are right behind us and on our tail." Notes: Attendance at Rogers Centre was 36,183. à Blue Jays INF Steve Tolleson was put on the paternity list and that opened a spot for Lawrie. Lawrie suffered a broken right index finger when hit by a pitch at Cincinnati on June 22. He was 4-for-10 in three games on a rehabilitation assignment with single-A Dunedin. à DH Adam Lind (right foot fracture) could return to the Blue Jays by the weekend or by the beginning of next week, manager John Gibbons said. à A return date for 1B Edwin Encarnacion (right quadriceps strain) is still undetermined although he is swinging a bat and has resumed running after a minor setback. à RHP Drew Hutchison (7-9, 4.62 earned-run average) will pitch for the Blue Jays on Wednesday against Orioles LHP Wei-Yin Chen (12-3, 3.76 ERA). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz