Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
wh3171 Offline

22.10.2019 04:14
bump after breaking Inglots serve to take a 2-0 lead in the fourth set Antworten

DUNEDIN, Fla. Custom Nike Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys . -- Carlos Beltran homered for his first hit this spring, leading the New York Yankees past the Toronto Blue Jays 8-2 on Sunday. Jose Bautista hit his second homer in exhibition play for the Blue Jays. Beltrans solo home run came in the third off reliever Todd Redmond and landed far over the right-field fence. It capped a four-run inning that included a two-run homer by Eduardo Nunez. Beltran signed a three-year, $45 million contract with the Yankees in the off-season. He batted .296 with 24 homers and 84 RBIs with the St. Louis Cardinals last year. "You want to see guys swinging the bat well, obviously, but its really important at the end," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "It doesnt really matter sometimes. You can be swinging the bat horrible at the end of spring training and get off to a hot start and vice versa. But its always nice to see." Bautista connected off Vidal Nuno in the first. Nuno struck out three and gave up two hits in two innings. Toronto starter Esmil Rogers tossed two innings and allowed an earned run. The right-hander gave up three hits and struck out one. Jose Reyes, Edwin Encarnacion, Melky Cabrera and Adam Lind each doubled for the Blue Jays. Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter did not play. STARTING TIME Blue Jays: Rogers threw 36 pitches and worked almost-exclusively on his changeup, which he said is progressing well. "Thats what I was working for," Rogers said. "Down in the Dominican (Republic) during winter ball, I worked on my changeup and now I feel more comfortable. I got it before. The only reason is I didnt have too much confidence to throw that. Right now, I can throw anything I want." Rogers was 5-9 with a 4.77 ERA in 44 games with the Blue Jays last season. He is a candidate for the fifth spot in the rotation. Yankees: Nuno said he felt as if he "got a little happy with the fastball," which led to Bautistas home run. Nuno, who is a contender for the fifth spot in the rotation, appeared in five games with the Yankees last season and made three starts. He finished 1-2 with a 2.25 ERA. "Overall, Im just pleased a little bit with how the outcome came," he said. "It was just one pitch and Bautista just hit it out. Location was good and everything. (My fastball) just got overused a little bit and I wasnt using my secondary (pitches) like I was supposed to do." TRAINERS ROOM Blue Jays: Colby Rasmus was scratched from Sundays lineup because of a stiff neck. Rasmus was set to bat seventh, but opted to sit as a precaution. He does not expect it to be a long-term issue and hopes to return in a "couple days." "I feel all right, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Rasmus said. Anthony Gose took Rasmus place in centre field and was 0 for 3 with a strikeout. Manager John Gibbons said closer Casey Janssen had an MRI on his sore right shoulder, but it did not show any damage. "Its just inflamed," Gibbons said. "Theres a lot of wear and tear on a guy over the years. Hes smart, backed off and well give him a little breather. Theres still a full month (of spring training) left. Hell be ready to go." Janssen, who saved 34 games for the Blue Jays last season, said he plans to rest and start throwing again in a few days. Yankees: Girardi said first baseman Mark Teixeira, limited to 15 games last season because of a right wrist injury, might play in his first spring training game on Thursday or Friday. Alfonso Soriano, recovering from flu-like symptoms, went through a workout Sunday morning that included batting practice and defensive drills. The outfielder/designated hitter could play in his first exhibition game in the next few days. FIRE DRILL The Yankees dealt with a minor scare before the game when a towel inside of a dryer caught fire in the grounds crew clubhouse located next door to the teams clubhouse. Girardi joked that "it got a little smoky" and said some players evacuated. There was no reported damage or injuries. PINEDA PITCHES Yankees fifth starter candidate Michael Pineda, who missed the past two seasons after right shoulder surgery, threw 21 of 35 pitches for strikes in a simulated game. He faced 10 batters, allowing two hits, striking out one and walking his final two hitters. Pineda and Hiroki Kuroda are scheduled to pitch in Fridays game against the Tigers in Tampa. Cheap Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys . Tony Parker had 33 points and nine assists and San Antonio never trailed in a resounding 116-92 victory over Portland, bullying the younger Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals. Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys Outlet . The move - the latest twist in Greeces nearly three-year financial freefall -- is the first such action by any of the countrys major sports bodies. It immediately halts all domestic track and field competitions, including track meets May 12-13 in several Greek cities. https://www.customnikebaseballjerseys.com/ . -- Byron Scott is taking over the Los Angeles Lakers with the vocal support of his fellow Showtime greats.SAN DIEGO - The "Bryan Bump" returned to the Davis Cup on Saturday. As soon as Bob Bryans overhand smash on match point zipped past Britains Dominic Inglot and Colin Fleming, the celebration was on. Bob and identical twin Mike leaped into the air to do the famed chest bump they use to celebrate their victories. The Bryans 6-2, 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 victory Saturday pulled the United States to 2-1 against Britain in the first round of the Davis Cup and ended the brothers Davis Cup losing streak at two. "Weve been waiting a long time to get another opportunity to get that bad taste out of our mouth," Bob Bryan said. "It always feels bad to let the team down. We were kind of coming out of our shoes, really itching to get on the court." The twins had a mini-chest bump after breaking Inglots serve to take a 2-0 lead in the fourth set. The match will be decided Sunday in reverse singles, when Wimbledon winner Andy Murray of Britain faces Sam Querrey. If Querrey can somehow pull an upset, it will then come down to James Ward of Britain against Donald Young. Murray won the opening singles match in straight sets against Young on Friday while Ward rallied to beat Querrey in five sets. "We brought some good energy. Now its our job to get behind Sam and fire up for tomorrow," Bob Bryan said. "Sam has a win over Andy. What do you tell him?" U.S. coach Jim Courier said. "He has to play better than he did yesterday to stand a chance. Andy is a great player who plays well under pressure and tomorrow is going to be one of those matches, where Andy knows if he loses then everything is on the table in that fifth match. "For Sam its a free swinging match," Courier added. "So hopefully hell go out there and let it fly." With Britain leading 2-0 entering Saturday, captain Leon Smith replacced Murray with Inglot for doubles. Custom Nike St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys. Courier said the Americans werent surprised by the switch by the British. "We had every game plan on the table and we prepared in the warmup for Inglot," he said. The Bryans broke Inglots serve in the second game of the first set and then broke Flemings serve to win the set. The Bryans didnt face a break point until they trailed 30-40 in the sixth game of the third set. Fleming hit a backhander down the line to win the game for a 4-2 lead for the British. The teams held serve and the British won the set when Inglot had two straight aces in the ninth game. Fleming said the British were hoping to pull off an upset to make Sundays matches moot. "There is no doubt that yesterday sets us up in a position where we could go out there and have a really good go at the match," he said. "We spoke before the match. Obviously they were big favourites, but we felt like if we could go out there and just focus on the tennis match, we would have a chance of causing an upset and winning the tie today. "Thats why were disappointed because we didnt play as well as we were hoping for. You know, credit to the Bryans." The Bryans "take it to you every single time," Inglot said. "Theyre never going to give you any free points. Theyre always going to put it in the court on the big points and always going to make you play." The match is being played on a red clay court in a temporary stadium built against the left-field bleachers at Petco Park, the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Three World Group matches have been clinched with 3-0 scores: Switzerland over Serbia, Germany against Spain and France against Australia. In other matches, the Czech Republic leads Netherlands 2-1, Japan leads Canada 2-1 and Italy leads Argentina 2-1. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz