Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
carrie201918 Offline

24.05.2019 07:41
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Geno Smith is unfazed by it all. The presence of Michael Vick doesnt shake his confidence. Neither does hi Antworten

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Geno Smith is unfazed by it all. The presence of Michael Vick doesnt shake his confidence. Neither does his not-so-solid hold on the New York Jets quarterback job. Not even his uncertain status as the future of the franchise. Its all talk, as far as Smith is concerned. More like white noise he can easily tune out. Smith believes in himself. Always has. And now, his teammates are also starting to buy in as well. "Hes taken a quarterback role, hes taken a leadership role and hes always growing," wide receiver Eric Decker said after the Jets first minicamp practice Tuesday. "Hes always maturing, hes always getting better at what he does and hes got a future in the NFL." Smith has transformed from wide-eyed rookie to respected leader in a span of a few months. The second-year quarterback entered minicamp as the starter, ahead of Vick, and Smith intends to keep his spot on the Jets depth chart. "Really, Im a sponge," Smith said. "Im learning as much as I can. Im learning on the fly. Im learning every single day. I just soak it up and continue to work hard." An up-and-down rookie season ended on a positive note for Smith, with three wins in the final four games and the Jets finishing a respectable 8-8. "Really, for me, its just about continuing to stay grounded," he said. "This team has a long way to go and were still working extremely hard to try to reach our ultimate goal." Even as some Jets players have acknowledged being a bit star-struck by Vick, Smith has managed to gain the trust of his teammates -- in the huddle and outside of it. No, there havent been any games. And, no, Smiths body of work doesnt compare to Vicks career. But Smith has taken charge of his situation this off-season, pulling teammates aside on the field to go over plays and studying more film than ever before. When the Jets signed Decker in April, Smith sought out general manager John Idzik to get his new wide receivers phone number so he could welcome him to the team. "I always see myself as a leader and thats in life, in any aspect of my life," Smith said. "Being in this locker room, Ive just continued to be myself and guys gravitate to me because I have just a natural leadership ability, leadership qualities, and thats a part of the reason why Im here in the first place. I just try to continue to push the guys." And make no mistake about it: Smith is pushing himself, too. He knows that last seasons 21 interceptions against 12 touchdowns is no good. He has been working with offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg and quarterbacks coach David Lee to improve on his footwork, and going over the playbook in his mind constantly. He is also noticeably bigger physically, the result of increased work in the weight room. "When it comes to being on the field, I just want perfection," Smith said. "I try and chase perfection. I try and be the best I can be at every single practice, every single rep. I think thats what guys are seeing the most." That includes coach Rex Ryan, who was encouraged by Smiths finish last season and has liked what he has seen from him as he tries to build off that. "He knows this offence forward and backward," Ryan said. "And, I think were going to see some great things from him." The Jets have acknowledged that both Smith and Vick are competing for the starting job, but Smith clearly has an edge going in. That could certainly change, especially if Smith falters and Vick thrives in Mornhinwegs system as he did in Philadelphia. Smith isnt planning on that, of course. He also doesnt believe he needed Vick with New York to push him, calling himself a "self-starter." But having Vick around could play an important role in Smith taking that next step as an NFL quarterback -- and a leader of a franchise. "I think G is a great listener, first and foremost," Vick said. "I think any key to success in this sport at our position, you have to have the ability to listen. "I think Geno wants to learn. He wants to be better." NOTES: RB Chris Johnson, rehabilitating a surgically repaired left knee, participated in individual drills, but will not take part in 11-on-11 team periods during minicamp. The Jets are being cautious with Johnson, who signed with New York in April. ... G Willie Colon, recovering from off-season knee surgery, said hes feeling good and fully intends to be ready for training camp. ... The Jets had six players in for tryouts: Punters Drew Butler and Jacob Schum, kickers Andrew Furney and Carson Wiggs, and offensive linemen Bruce Campbell and Ray Dominguez. Butler is the son of former Bears kicker Kevin Butler and spent two seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Kirk Gibson Jersey .S. military base for UFC: Fight for the Troops 3. This fight card, which takes place in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, has had a number of changes, including headliner Lyoto Machida replaced by fellow Brazilian Rafael Natal. Jose Iglesias Jersey . Murray, the defending champion and No. 3 seed, claimed his first match win at Queens in 2005 and went on to win the Wimbledon warmup three times. But he failed to take advantage of eight set points after leading the first-set tiebreaker 6-2, and Stepanek survived to convert with his second set point. http://www.tigersgearshop.com/Tigers-Spa...on-Kids-Jersey/. In mens doubles, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the quarter-finals with a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Croatian Mate Pavic and Andre Sa of Brazil. Al Kaline Jersey . The 6-foot-10 centre who won an NBA title with the Miami Heat was voted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday, adding that honour to becoming a board member at his alma mater. Shane Greene Jersey .Y. - Geno Smith shouted a couple of mighty expensive expletives.TORONTO -- The head of the 2015 Pan American Games has been fired a year and a half before thousands of athletes converge in Toronto for one of the largest sporting events in the world -- a sign, sources said, that changes are needed to make sure the Games are an operational and financial success. TO2015, the organizing committee of the Toronto 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Games, announced Friday that CEO Ian Troop was leaving the organization and will be replaced by Saad Rafi, a former Ontario deputy minister of health. Sources within TO2015 said Troops departure was not unexpected. There have been ongoing tensions between the Games organization and the province, which is responsible for the operational costs of the multi-sport competition that will bring about 10,000 athletes from the Americas to compete in 36 Pan Am and 15 Parapan sports. "With just under two years left until the Games, TO2015 is transitioning into the operational phase of Games planning that will greatly benefit from Saads experience and expertise," TO2015 board chairman and former Ontario premier David Peterson said in an internal email to staff. The board gave no reason for Troops departure, but sources said there have been key operational issues that arent being decided, creating a real schism between the organizers and the Ontario government. Organizers are frustrated about a lack of decision making by the province, while the province had concerns about Troops leadership. The Ontario government came under criticism from the opposition parties this fall when it was disclosed there was a $7-million bonus package for TO2015 executives, including Troop, who was eligible for a $780,000 premium if the Games came in on budget. The opposition parties were also up in arms after the province announced the total budget for the Toronto 2015 Games, including transportation and security, would be at least $2.5 billion -- far above the $1.4 billion the province originally stated. The province has said the transportation budget alone would be up to $90 million to shuttle athletes and officials to the various venues, which stretch from Niagara in the west to the Orillia area in the north, and as far east as Oshawa. Troop, who was paid $477,000 last year, billed taxpayers 91 cents for parking and $8,561.19 for a Mexican hotel and coccktail party, while other expenses included $1.dddddddddddd.89 for a cup of tea. Peterson, who replaced Roger Garland as the chair of the Games organizing committee in September, said Troops removal had nothing to do with lavish bonuses and salaries that prompted the organization to changes its policies. "This is a super-charged political atmosphere in a minority house and were going to get beaten up no matter what we do," he said. "We needed to get the right person at the right time in the right place, and that was Saad." Progressive Conservative Pan Am critic Rod Jackson said hes been hearing concerns about poor oversight by the province and said it was a positive move to dismiss Troop, that Tourism and Sport Minister Michael Chan should be fired too. "I think its shameful that the minister will slash and burn everyone underneath him, without taking any responsibly for himself," said Jackson. "Until the minister is gone, I think were going to see the same missteps over and over again. The New Democrats also accused the Liberals of "throwing Troop under the bus" after defending his salary and bonus packages for months. "Families are feeling squeezed like never before and every day they hear of another public sector CEO or Liberal insider getting rich on the public dime," said NDP sports critic Paul Miller. "The Liberals are desperately trying to sweep this under the carpet, but people arent going to forget the Liberals lack of respect for public money." Chan told The Canadian Press that it would be up to the TO2015 board to decide how much Troop would be paid in severance, and said Rafi will be compensated at a level "consistent with what he made at the Ministry of Health," which was $428,000 a year. "Having Rafis tremendous experience in handling a big file and also in addressing transportation and security, I think is a very, very good choice," said Chan. The federal government is paying for the cost of new facilities, including a new cycling velodrome in the Toronto suburb of Milton, a new aquatic facility at the University of Toronto and a new stadium in Hamilton. But sources say there are concerns about the cost of running the Games and the province will be on the hook for any overruns. Stitched College Jerseys Cheap UCLA Jerseys NCAA Louisville Cardinals Jerseys North Carolina Jerseys Stitched Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys Stitched Alabama Crimson Tide Jerseys Cheap Basketball Wisconsin Badgers Jerseys Authentic NCAA Jerseys Store Wholesale Basketball NCAA Jerseys Cheap Duke Gear Stitched Alabama Jerseys Stitched Georgia Jerseys Cheap Clemson Jerseys Authentic Authentic Texas Jerseys Wholesale USC Jerseys Stitched Oklahoma Jerseys Stitched Ohio State Jerseys Cheap Notre Dame Gear UCLA Jerseys From China Cheap Louisville Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap North Carolina Jerseys Authentic Cheap Kentucky Jerseys Authentic Wisconsin Jerseys From China Cheap Michigan Gear Cheap Florida Gear Wholesale Arizona State Jerseys Cheap LSU Gear Cheap Auburn Gear Cheap California Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Miami Jerseys Authentic Cheap Michigan State Gear Cheap Tennessee Jerseys Authentic Texas A&M Jerseys From China Authentic Wake Forest Jerseys West Virginia Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz