Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
carrie201918 Offline

21.05.2019 08:12
SURREY, B.C. -- Stefan Logan had no idea the B.C. Lions running game had fallen on hard times when he contacted his old employer Antworten

SURREY, B.C. -- Stefan Logan had no idea the B.C. Lions running game had fallen on hard times when he contacted his old employer looking for work. The diminutive running back/kick returner spent the last four seasons in the NFL, but didnt get invited to a training camp this year after being cut by the Detroit Lions. Thats when Logan, who played for B.C. in 2008 and was working out on his own, reached out to Lions general manager Wally Buono. "It was just one of those times where I knew I was older and I didnt want to sit there and be waiting, waiting, waiting," said Logan, who was on the field with his new teammate Tuesday after being added to the practice roster. "I didnt want to sit there and just be waiting -- waiting for a team to call." The team that Logan called is one with a ground attack in shambles. After B.C. running back Andrew Harris rushed for just 10 yards in a 31-17 home loss to the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Oct. 4, Buono told reporters at practice: "Our running game, at this point, is almost non-existent." Despite both coaches and players saying all the right things last week about a rededication to running to the football, Harris followed that up with just 31 yards on nine carries in Fridays 40-26 defeat to the Stampeders in Calgary. The Lions have not had a 100-yard rusher since Harris gained 107 yards in a 38-12 loss to the Toronto Argonauts on July 30 -- a span of 10 games. During that time Harris has rushed for 10 yards twice, to go along with totals of 19, 27 and 38. Logan said he was unaware of the poor numbers, adding that he contacted the Lions because they were the only CFL team he had interest in playing for. "I didnt even look at any of the stats. Nothing," said the 32-year-old. "I just knew that when I talked to my agent and talked to my family, I said, If I go back to Canada, I want to go back to the B.C. Lions. "They were familiar with me, I was familiar with them. Still got some of the same guys that were here (from 2008). Once I called them, I was like, Hey I want to come back over there and play." Logan rushed for 889 yards during his previous stint with B.C., while also contributing 477 yards and three touchdowns through the air. He also made an impact on special teams, returning 12 punts for 126 yards, and adding 266 yards on nine kick returns. After his inaugural season in the CFL, Logan headed south to join the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he spent one year before joining Detroit for three more campaigns. "Hes obviously still got it. Its an exciting thing," said Lions quarterback Thomas DeMarco. "Management seems to think its a good decision to bring him in and I can see why." B.C. head coach Mike Benevides said he doesnt know if Logan will suit up for Saturdays game when the Lions (9-6) travel to Saskatchewan to take on the Roughriders (10-5) in a key West Division matchup. One thing Benevides is sure of is Logans desire. "The biggest thing about Stefan is just his passion for the game," said Benevides. "He just loves the game. He loves being here, and he loves this place and thats why he chose to come here. "Right now were going to do everything we can to win, because weve got to win." Logan said he will do whatever is asked of him by a Lions team looking to snap a two-game slide that has them in danger of falling out of the running to host a home playoff game. "If were struggling at running the ball, I want to help," said Logan, who was named to the 2010 NFC Pro Bowl team as an alternate. "If were struggling at catching the ball out of the backfield, I want to be able to help. "Im not coming in to be cocky or anything like that, I just want to come in and help us win and go to the playoffs and win a Grey Cup." Follow Joshua Clipperton on Twitter at (at)josh--clipperton Notes: DeMarco looks set to start his fifth straight game in place of injured No. 1 quarterback Travis Lulay (shoulder). Lulay has resumed throwing, but neither he or Benevides would put a timeline on his return. ... Apart from the addition of Logan, the Lions also announced that defensive tackle Mykes Wade and offensive tackle Nyere Aumaitre have joined the practice roster. Javier Aquino Mexico Jersey . - The Carolina Panthers believe Steve Smith lost "top-end" speed, a big reason the franchise parted ways with its all-time leading receiver. Rafael Marquez Jersey . -- Zach Johnson is like most players at the World Challenge, not sure whether hes still playing in 2013 or if hes in the middle of the new wraparound season that officially started in October. http://www.nationalsoccermexico.com/hirv...-mexico-jersey/. The 25-year-old McIlroy, who is from Northern Ireland, was eligible to play for either Ireland or Team GB when golf makes its return to the Olympics in Brazil for the first time since 1904. Jose de Jesus Corona Jersey . Moments after his Brooklyn Nets teammates ran out onto the court to congratulate him following their 100-98 overtime win over the Phoenix Suns on Friday night, Johnson could only shake his head at scoring only 13 points on 6-of-19 shooting. Edson Alvarez Mexico Jersey . -- Syracuse was dangerously close to letting another less talented opponent pull off the upset when C. DENVER -- Maxime Talbot was simply looking to help kill a penalty. That he scored a short-handed goal in the process, well, the Colorado Avalanche certainly wont argue. Talbot broke a second-period tie, and Semyon Varlamov stopped 27 shots to lead the Avalanche to a 4-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday night. "Every time you get a goal on a PK its always huge," said Talbot, who has scored 16 short-handed goals. Tyson Barrie, Ryan OReilly and Matt Duchene also scored for the Avalanche, who bounced back from an 8-2 loss to the Oilers two weeks ago in Edmonton. That lopsided loss was on their mind. "We knew what happened last time when we played there. We came ready," Talbot said. Taylor Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had goals for the Oilers, who finished their road swing 0-4 and were outscored 14-4. They also were without Sam Gagner after he was ejected in the first period when he knocked down Paul Stastny with a stick to the face. That was a sensitive subject after the game. Oilers coach Dallas Eakins really didnt think Gagner did anything that warranted an ejection. "I thought it was by accident when that stick came up," Eakins said. "I thought you could see it immediately, when the guy went down, Gags was concerned. When you mean to do it, you skate away with a smirk on your face. "All I was looking for from the official was the explanation. ... Suddenly, everything changed after the Jumbotron showed it." Edmonton pulled goalie Devan Dubnyk for an extra skater with 1:53 remaining, but couldnt score the equalizer. Duchene added an empty-net goal with 1.1 seconds remaining. He also had two assists. Talbot scored the winner with 1:32 remaining in the second period with the Oilers on the power play. Edmonton turned over the puck, Marc-Andre Cliche carried it up the ice, and then fed it to Talbot, who slid a backhanded shot past Dubnyk. "The short-handed goal, its frustrating," Eakins said. "Youve been waiting the whole game for a power play. The power play not only goes out and gives them a 2-on-1, the next unit goes out and gives them a breakaway. The whole bench is shaking their head. Its disgusting." Varlamov made it hoold up throughout the third period, and in the process vanquished some demons against Edmonton after being rocked for eight goals on Dec.dddddddddddd5 at Rexall Place. "Oh yeah. It was a nightmare, especially for me," Varlamov said of his last encounter with the Oilers. Edmonton took a 2-1 lead at 12:10 of the second period when Nugent-Hopkins sent a wrist shot past Varlamov. It didnt last long as OReilly tied it by tapping in a pass from rookie Nathan MacKinnon. Duchene also had an assist on the play, his second of the night. He has 10 points (four goals, six assists) in five games. Asked before the game about his recent scoring spree, Duchene shrugged and said, "I just got back to doing what I was doing before I got hurt." Duchene missed a few games with an oblique injury in late November and then had a virus that zapped his strength. He finally feels back at full strength, he said. "When it goes in, it goes in," Duchene said. "When it doesnt, it doesnt, and thats hockey. You just want to keep it going." Barrie scored on a 5-on-3 power play early in the second period, courtesy of Gagners crosscheck and an unsportsmanlike penalty against Hall. Gagner and Stastny were battling after a faceoff when Gagner used both hands to shove his stick into Stastnys face. Stastny stayed down on the ice for a moment before heading over to the bench, where the trainers appeared to examine his nose. Gagner was assessed a major penalty and sent to the locker room. Hall drew an unsportsmanlike penalty at the end of the period. "Taylor Hall did not say one thing to that referee," Eakins said. "Another player said it that was going down the hallway, and it was nothing terrible. "To light up a guy, to put you down 5-on-3, I came out at the start of the period, after a cooling off period, as were supposed to do as coaches, and was basically told by the ref to ... I cant say what he said to me. Just looking for simple explanations but couldnt get them." NOTES: Oilers D Corey Potter finished his two-game suspension for boarding Anaheim F Nick Bonino over the weekend. He is eligible to play Saturday against St. Louis. ... Hall and Nugent-Hopkins each had a goal and an assist. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz