Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
carrie201918 Offline

05.05.2019 03:39
WASHINGTON -- Washington Nationals second baseman Anthony Rendon knew he was a triple short of the cycle late in the game. It di Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Washington Nationals second baseman Anthony Rendon knew he was a triple short of the cycle late in the game. It didnt mean he was going to change his approach. Rendon singled in a run, hit a three-run homer, and doubled in his first three at-bats before grounding out and flying out in the Nationals 11-0 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday night. "I heard people in the stands, get the triple, get the triple. I didnt want that, means Ive got to run more. Ill stop at second base," Rendon said with a smile. He drove in four runs to back Jordan Zimmermanns seven shutout innings. "I think it set the tone with Anthony in the first inning," manager Matt Williams said of the offence. "Youve got a 3-1 pitch and he doesnt get too big. He simply stayed with the approach of what he needed to have happen there and he ended up getting a base hit." The Nationals hitters had been struggling in the nine games since Ryan Zimmerman went on the disabled list. Saturday they had 14 hits, including two apiece by Denard Span, Asdrubal Cabrera and Wilson Ramos. Every Nationals starter, including Zimmermann, hit safely. Zimmermann (7-5) held the Phillies to five singles and struck eight without a walk for his 50th career win, and first since June 30th. He retired the last 11 batters he faced and left after throwing 97 pitches. Marlon Byrd had two hits for Philadelphia, which had won the first two games of the series 10-4 and 2-1. Phillies starter A.J. Burnett (6-11) and manager Ryne Sandberg didnt last long. Both were ultimately ejected when Burnett motioned and yelled toward home plate umpire Chris Guccione during Washingtons four-run second inning. Washington loaded the bases on two walks and an error. After Span drove in a run with a sacrifice fly, Rendon connected on a 3-1 pitch from Burnett for his 14th home run, making it 5-0. Rendons blast snapped a nine-game homerless streak for the Nationals, the longest in team history (2005-present). Burnett, who had two walks in the inning, then intentionally threw ball one to Jayson Werth and motioned toward Guccione. "I did ask him twice in the first and second if that was out or that was down," Burnett said of Guccione. "Yeah, it was out, it was down, okay. And the one I threw purposefully out, I said the same thing, but I said it more of a statement than a question. I said Thats out. That was it, pretty quick trigger." After Burnett was tossed, Sandberg raced out and heatedly argued with Guccione near home plate, and was soon ejected. Burnett allowed five runs, one was earned, in losing his third straight decision. TRAINERS ROOM: Phillies: Sandberg said outfielder Domonic Brown, suffering from strep throat, is day-to-day, and that Byrd has been playing with a bruised right foot for four or five days. ON DECK: Phillies: Cole Hamels (6-5, 2.55) has won four straight decisions. He makes his 30th career start against Washington Sunday. Hes 15-6 with a 2.63 ERA versus the Nationals. Nationals: Stephen Strasburg (7-9, 3.55) is 3-0 with a 1.13 ERA in three home starts against the Phillies dating back to last season. WILLIAMS SAYS SWING AWAY In addition to experimenting with his batting stance recently, Bryce Harper has also on occasion attempted to bunt for a hit. Williams would generally prefer Harper swing away. "Depends on the situation," Williams said. "It depends on a lot of things, health, how his thumb is feeling. It depends on what the situation dictates for that particular game. More often than not, I would like to see him swing the bat. Because he just has the opportunity to do something special. "If he feels like the guys playing him back far enough that he can do that and get on base, given the right situation, okay. But then again, theres times where I want him to swing, too," said Williams, adding he and Harper have talked about it. Harper is enjoying more success recently, and is 7-for-his-last-23. Jordan Willis Jersey .com) - His team lost in the round of 16 of the FCS playoffs, yet Northern Iowa football coach Mark Farley says his team has made a strong case to be voted to the top 5 in the final rankings. Nick Vigil Jersey . Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist stood tall with 41 saves between the pipes, but it was defenceman Ryan McDonagh who got the first star of the game as he had a goal and an assist and now has two goals and four assists for six points in two games. http://www.officialcincinnatibengalsfoot...n-jersey-womens. Meeks has agreed to a $19.5 million, three-year deal with Detroit, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday night. The person, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because free agents cant sign contracts until the leagues moratorium ends July 10, also said Cartier Martin had agreed to a one-year contract with the rebuilding franchise. Trey Hopkins Jersey . The Redblacks host the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (7-9) Friday night in their last home game of the year and as of Thursday afternoon, the team was anticipating a ninth consecutive sellout. You can watch all the action on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5 beginning at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. Vontaze Burfict Jersey . Pace had a career-high 10 sacks for Rex Ryans defence-- second only to Muhammad Wilkersons 10 1/2 -- in his sixth season with the Jets. The 33-year-old outside linebacker was an unrestricted free agent.VANCOUVER - The Calgary Stampeders are entering their first-round playoff bye on the right terms.The B.C. Lions, however, are not.Eric Rogers caught two touchdown passes as the Stampeders downed the B.C. Lions 33-16 on Friday night in the CFL regular-season finale for both teams.The Stampeders, who had already clinched first place in the West Division, finished the regular season with a 15-3 record and tied the leagues 54-year-old road victory total with eight, set and matched by Winnipeg in 1960 and 1961. Calgary bettered its club road-win record of seven set 65 years ago in 1949 and matched in 1995.But, more importantly, the Stampeders gained considerable confidence as they seek to avoid a repeat of a loss in the Western final. Calgary will host this years West final against either the Edmonton Eskimos or the yet-to-be-decided club that places third in the West.Last year, coming out of this (final regular-season) game (also against B.C.), we had lost the game and we had lost a lot of important guys to our team — this year its a completely different story, said Calgary quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell.The Lions, who finished the season 9-9, missed a chance to clinch third in the West and could now face a cross-over playoff game against an Eastern team, depending on how Saskatchewan fares against Edmonton on Saturday.Thats not the way we wanted to the end the season at home in front of our home fans, said B.C. defensive back Ryan Phillips. We didnt play at a high level.Although both the Lions and Stamps had secured playoff berths and rested key players, the game featured dazzling touchdowns as both clubs scored on long passes. Emannuel Arceneaux scored B.C.s lone touchdown on a 46-yard reception in the second quarter.But Rogers TD catches of 21 and 44 yards, which both came in the second quarter, proved to be the most painful.I was lined up out wide and I read the seam, the line gave the quarterback some time to throw, the quarterback put it on the money and I go up there and high-point it - thats both touchdowns, basically, said Rogers.B.C. was missing key regulars on defence to rest and injury, including middle linebacker Adam Bighill (hand), but Phillips said Rogers TDs and other long gains thrrough the air were still inexcusable.ddddddddddddFor me, its alarming due to the fact that weve been pretty good at (preventing long gains through the air) through the course of the year, he said.In a rare start, Calgary quarterback Drew Tate completed 14 of 20 passes for 206 yards and one touchdown with one interception.(Tate) did a great job of starting it off, said Mitchell, who completed 13 of 18 for one touchdown.. He came out there and we got to see what they were doing. They were playing a lot of (man-to-man coverage). … It was a good job by the passing game and it shows a different dynamic of what we can do as an offence.The Stampeders did not miss CFL rushing leader Jon Cornish, who missed the game due to a concussion and appears questionable for the playoffs.B.C. quarterback Kevin Glenn completed 26 of 36 of for 312 yards and one touchdown, but was hurt by two interceptions. Contrary to plans, he played the whole game after backup John Beck was left dizzy and suffered a headache on a two-yard surge in the third quarter. But Beck said afterwards he will be ready for the playoffs.Tate led the Stampeders to a 13-yard Rene Paredes field goal on their first series. But the Lions produced an identical opening eight-play march of their own, which went 66 yards and culminated with McCallums 18-yard field goal.But Tates 21-yard touchdown pass to Rogers staked Calgary to an advantage that they never relinquished. After Dante Marsh intercepted a Tate pass, Mitchell entered the game on Calgarys next series and took the Stamps to the B.C. one before third-string QB Bryant Moniz scored on a plunge that gave Calgary an insurmountable 17-6 lead and Rogers second TD, on a pass from Mitchell, that extended Calgarys lead to 24-13 at half-time.Notes: A moment of silence was held before the game for late Stampeders player and owner John Forzani, who died of a heart attack last week at the age of 67. … Calgary receiver Marquay McDaniel returned after missing six games with a broken wrist. … Calgarys Shawn Lemon tied a CFL single-season record of eight forced fumbles as he sacked Glenn in the second quarter. … Military veterans received a standing ovation during a rousing half-time salute. Cheap Bruins Jerseys Wholesale Sabres Jerseys Red Wings Jerseys From China Wholesale Canadiens Jerseys Wholesale Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Discount Hurricanes Jerseys Blue Jackets Jerseys Outlet Adidas Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Rangers Jerseys From China Discount Flyers Jerseys Discount Penguins Jerseys Discount Capitals Jerseys Wholesale Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Team USA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Wholesale Wild Jerseys Discount Predators Jerseys Discount Blues Jerseys Discount Ducks Jerseys Adidas Coyotes Jerseys Flames Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Oilers Jerseys Discount Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Golden Knights Jerseys Outlet Authentic NHL Winter Classic Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz