Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 Spieltag
carrie201918 Offline

22.04.2019 08:44
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Geno Smith is unfazed by it all. The presence of Michael Vick doesnt shake his confidence. Neither does hi Antworten

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Geno Smith is unfazed by it all. The presence of Michael Vick doesnt shake his confidence. Neither does his not-so-solid hold on the New York Jets quarterback job. Not even his uncertain status as the future of the franchise. Its all talk, as far as Smith is concerned. More like white noise he can easily tune out. Smith believes in himself. Always has. And now, his teammates are also starting to buy in as well. "Hes taken a quarterback role, hes taken a leadership role and hes always growing," wide receiver Eric Decker said after the Jets first minicamp practice Tuesday. "Hes always maturing, hes always getting better at what he does and hes got a future in the NFL." Smith has transformed from wide-eyed rookie to respected leader in a span of a few months. The second-year quarterback entered minicamp as the starter, ahead of Vick, and Smith intends to keep his spot on the Jets depth chart. "Really, Im a sponge," Smith said. "Im learning as much as I can. Im learning on the fly. Im learning every single day. I just soak it up and continue to work hard." An up-and-down rookie season ended on a positive note for Smith, with three wins in the final four games and the Jets finishing a respectable 8-8. "Really, for me, its just about continuing to stay grounded," he said. "This team has a long way to go and were still working extremely hard to try to reach our ultimate goal." Even as some Jets players have acknowledged being a bit star-struck by Vick, Smith has managed to gain the trust of his teammates -- in the huddle and outside of it. No, there havent been any games. And, no, Smiths body of work doesnt compare to Vicks career. But Smith has taken charge of his situation this off-season, pulling teammates aside on the field to go over plays and studying more film than ever before. When the Jets signed Decker in April, Smith sought out general manager John Idzik to get his new wide receivers phone number so he could welcome him to the team. "I always see myself as a leader and thats in life, in any aspect of my life," Smith said. "Being in this locker room, Ive just continued to be myself and guys gravitate to me because I have just a natural leadership ability, leadership qualities, and thats a part of the reason why Im here in the first place. I just try to continue to push the guys." And make no mistake about it: Smith is pushing himself, too. He knows that last seasons 21 interceptions against 12 touchdowns is no good. He has been working with offensive co-ordinator Marty Mornhinweg and quarterbacks coach David Lee to improve on his footwork, and going over the playbook in his mind constantly. He is also noticeably bigger physically, the result of increased work in the weight room. "When it comes to being on the field, I just want perfection," Smith said. "I try and chase perfection. I try and be the best I can be at every single practice, every single rep. I think thats what guys are seeing the most." That includes coach Rex Ryan, who was encouraged by Smiths finish last season and has liked what he has seen from him as he tries to build off that. "He knows this offence forward and backward," Ryan said. "And, I think were going to see some great things from him." The Jets have acknowledged that both Smith and Vick are competing for the starting job, but Smith clearly has an edge going in. That could certainly change, especially if Smith falters and Vick thrives in Mornhinwegs system as he did in Philadelphia. Smith isnt planning on that, of course. He also doesnt believe he needed Vick with New York to push him, calling himself a "self-starter." But having Vick around could play an important role in Smith taking that next step as an NFL quarterback -- and a leader of a franchise. "I think G is a great listener, first and foremost," Vick said. "I think any key to success in this sport at our position, you have to have the ability to listen. "I think Geno wants to learn. He wants to be better." NOTES: RB Chris Johnson, rehabilitating a surgically repaired left knee, participated in individual drills, but will not take part in 11-on-11 team periods during minicamp. The Jets are being cautious with Johnson, who signed with New York in April. ... G Willie Colon, recovering from off-season knee surgery, said hes feeling good and fully intends to be ready for training camp. ... The Jets had six players in for tryouts: Punters Drew Butler and Jacob Schum, kickers Andrew Furney and Carson Wiggs, and offensive linemen Bruce Campbell and Ray Dominguez. Butler is the son of former Bears kicker Kevin Butler and spent two seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bryce Harper Jersey . - This is just the warm-up act for 18-year-old William Nylander. Tanner Roark Jersey .com) - Joe Pavelski scored twice to lead the San Jose Sharks in a 5-2 win over the Edmonton Oilers to split a home-and-home set. http://www.officialnationalsgearshop.com...ids-Jersey/.com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday. Mark Reynolds Jersey . -- Ricky Romeros comeback bid hit another road bump Tuesday in an ugly 18-4 Jays loss to a Detroit Tigers split squad. Brandon Kintzler Jersey . Detroits powerful offence made that unnecessary. Scherzer allowed two hits and struck out seven, and the Tigers backed their star right-hander with three early homers in an 8-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays on Thursday night.Buffalo, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Matt Moulson scored the lone goal of the shootout to lead the Buffalo Sabres to a 5-4 win over the Ottawa Senators on Monday. Moulson, the Sabres first shooter, patiently skated up the slot and wristed a shot over Robin Lehners shoulder. Buffalo netminder Jhonas Enroth was a wall, stopping Ottawas first two shooters and the skills competition ended as Bobby Ryan rang a shot off the goalpost. Marcus Foligno and Brian Flynn each had a goal and an assist, while Rasmus Ristolainen and Moulson also lit the lamp for the Sabres, who won their fourth straight game. Enroth made 29 saves in the win. Curtis Lazar scored his first NHL goal, Alex Chiasson tallied a goal and a helper and Mark Stone and Ryan each had goal for the Senators, who were coming off a 3-2 shootout win over Boston on Saturday. Lehner stopped 29 pucks in defeat. Trailing 3-1, Stone took a pass from Kyle Turris and snapped a shot into the net with 6:18 to play in the middle stanza and the Senators tied the game 2:02 into the third on Lazars wrister. Chiasson deked around a diving defenseman and backhanded a shot past Enroth for a 4-3 lead 5:04 into the third, but Flynns wrister evened the score with 3:29 remaining to send the game into overtime. Ottawa outshot Buffalo by a 4-1 margin in the extra session, but neither team was able to find the backk of the net and the game went into a shootout.dddddddddddd Mike Hoffman pushed a bouncing puck through the crease to Ryan, who tapped it in from the right side of the net for the games first goal 7:24 into the contest. Just over two minutes later, Chris Stewart whacked a puck out of the air and over the shoulder of Lehner. The goal, however, was overturned as video review determined that it was batted in with a high stick. Stewart took a pass below the goal line and found Ristolainen, who skated up to the right circle from the blue line and wristed a shot past Lehner for a tie game on the power play 4:11 into the second. The Sabres surged ahead with two goals separated by just 32 seconds. Moulson took a loose puck at the right post and deposited in to the net for a 2-1 lead seven minutes into the second period and Flynn skated up the right side and sent a pass across the slot to Foligno, who one-timed it in from the left side of the net at 7:32. Game Notes The Sabres have won six straight games at home for the first time since Jan. 1-Feb. 15, 2007 ... Moulson has four points (three goals, one assist) in his past four games ... Ottawa forward Milan Michalek returned to the lineup after missing three games with an upper-body injury ... The two teams will meet again on Dec. 29 in Ottawa. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz