Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Tippecke
carrie201918 Offline

18.04.2019 03:04
arter-Williams left for the NBA, and will ta Antworten

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Kerry, Just want to say I love the article. Its great to have your perspective! With the use today of instant replay, sometimes as fans we have the luxury of reviewing plays that the on ice official doesnt have. Im referring to missed penalty infractions, off sides and embellishments. I was wondering if referees/linesman ever go to the dressing room between periods and look at any of these replays. And if so, doesnt it make them want to make a "make up call?" Your input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks,Jeff ReynoldsOttawa, Ontario Hey Jeff: I can assure you that NHL referees and linesmen check the television monitor in the officials dressing room between periods if there has been a call (made or potentially missed) that might require a second look to provide some measure of affirmation. You might find this hard to believe, Jeff, but every official strives to work that illusive "perfect game." They are extremely hard-working and dedicated men but as we know all too well, they are human and mistakes are made. None of this has changed through the four decades that I worked as an official for the NHL. What has changed is that before video replay and modern technology provided replays on the score clock and throughout the arena, the officials had to trust their first gut reaction and hope that the right call was made. Players and coaches always let you know instantly what they thought of your decision. Head games were sometimes played with the ref when false information was purposely provided from the players bench where an assistant coach was in communication with a "spotter" in the press box. The spotter sat near a television monitor and had access to the broadcast replay or an in-house video feed. Some teams began placing a small monitor at their bench and coaches would quickly point to it telling the official the call he made was dead wrong! The next comment to the ref was, "You owe us one!" When the period ended, the officials would inevitably rush to the monitor in their dressing room and hope that the play was shown on the intermission broadcast feed. After several times of witnessing clear evidence that the correct call had in fact been made, I began to take a very proactive approach with players or coaches that wanted to quickly provide false misinformation. In an attempt to hold them accountable to their word I would look the individual in the eye and tell him how much I respected his honesty and trusted what he said to be true. If, however, after personally watching the replay between periods I found that the player or coach was not telling me the truth, their credibility with me would be seriously damaged! I asked again if they were sure the call was wrong. Guilty parties often said they would check the replay during intermission and get back to me. I knew I had them at that point! Others were too far committed and stuck to their guns. On at least one occasion a player tried to sell me a bill of goods and wouldnt back down. The intermission replay demonstrated he had flat out lied to me and I told him as much. The players response, "You cant blame me for trying, can you?" That player learned that trust is earned and not freely gifted! The modern game is very fast and often played with an incredible intensity by phenomenally skilled athletes. If, as a spectator, you had the good fortune to sit at ice level you will understand what Im talking about. The game takes on a very different perspective the farther away you are removed from the action. Things happen very quickly on the ice and in a blink of an eye something can easily be missed. "Instant replay" isnt now just a luxury enjoyed by home viewers watching the broadcast, but plays and calls are seen on the Jumbotron that hangs over the officials head at centre ice. This instant feedback intensifies the desire and pressure for the officials to be "perfect." While it isnt part of standard operating procedure, the honest fact is that on rare occasions the score clock has allowed a member of the officiating crew to sneak a peek at a replay when a group conference is being conducted in the interest of getting the call right. So Jeff, with all the pressure on the officials to make the correct call, it only stands to reason that they would want to verify their call through a second look during the intermission break. A headset call can also be made to the video review official in the arena during a commercial stoppage to provide feedback on a play if the information the referee desires is really pressing. Regardless of the validity of a call, once its made there is no changing it. The feedback can bring about some peace of mind or closure and can even eliminate the potential for head games. If the official learns he was wrong the best course of action is to admit the error, apologize and move on as quickly as possible in his ongoing attempt to be "perfect." Air Max 97 Cheap Online . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. Air Max 97 China Wholesale . -- The Washington Redskins coaching staff distanced itself from other coaches Thursday by siding with ownership -- and not the players -- in the NFLs labour dispute. http://www.discountairmax97.com/. Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, the Houston Texans No. 1 pick in the draft, was on the field Tuesday for the first time with former NFL Defensive Player of the Year J. Buy Air Max 97 . TSN 1290s coverage begins with Hustler & Lawless at 3pm. Rick Ralph hosts the Official Jets Pre-game Show at 5pm. Discount Air Max 97 . LUCIE, Fla.Andrew Wiggins has become a household name, largely due to the unparalleled media attention he has received. Particularly leading into the Vaughan, Ontario natives freshman year at the University of Kansas, with the ESPN Magazine and Sports Illustrated covers, a GQ feature, and SportsCentre highlights that have created an immeasurable amount of excitement - so much so, that it makes it impossible to live up to the hype. Traditionally, the early part of most NCAA programs schedules are loaded with cupcake opponents, and teams or players arent truly tested until conference play in the new year. However on Tuesday night, the State Farm Championship Classic not only pit the #4 Duke Blue Devils against the #5 Kansas Jayhawks in not only a top level match up, but featured the #1 (Wiggins) and #2 (Jabari Parker) high school recruits in the country squaring off against one another. Wiggins would face a true test to see if he was every bit as good as the hype. There would no longer be any questions, judging the ease and ability of his game against his inferior opponents. Despite what the players said, the match-up of Wiggins vs. Parker didnt disappoint for in the closely contested basketball game that showcased much more talent then the two heralded freshmen, it was still Wiggins leading his Jayhawks down the stretch to a 94-83 victory. Notwithstanding foul trouble, which kept him on the bench for much of the first half, Wiggins finished the game with 22 points and eight rebounds. His step back jumper with 1:33 left and fast break dunk seconds later started a 10-2 Jayhawks run to close out the game. He shot 9-15 from the field with many of those high percentage baskets on the break. Wiggins had eight transition points, one more than the entire Blue Devils team. While Parker had a monstrous first half with 19 points, he fouled out, trying to stop Wiggins, ironically, with 27 points and nine rebounds. Earlier in the evening, #1 ranked Kentucky fell to #2 Michigan State and UKs super freshman Julius Randle added 27 points and 13 rebounds in the loss. "Big players make big plays," Wiggins said. "I think our whole team, whoever was on the court, every possession we made a big play. Thats why we came out on top." Despite the competition, Wiggins was the biggest player of the night and much like his personality, performed with a modest display of his abilities. Hee still teases with his untapped potential, but rose to the occasion to prove that in fact, the hype is real.dddddddddddd. FIVE CANADIANS TO WATCH, THIS NCAA SEASON Unquestionably, all eyes are on Wiggins but here are five other Canadians that will garner attention this season. Nik Stauskas, Small Forward, University of Michigan (Sophomore) Last season, the Mississauga, Ontario swingman was playing in the NCAA Championship game as a freshman. The deadly 3-point shooter returns, without teammates Naismith Player of the Year Trey Burke and shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr., who have both gone to the NBA and will be relied upon more heavily by the Wolverines. Stauskas added 16 pounds of muscle during the offseason and committed to improving his defense. Kevin Pangos, Point Guard, Gonzaga University (Junior) Pangos is the head of the snake for the Bulldogs, and will have more work cut out for him without NBA lottery pick Kelly Olynyk. The Holland Landing, Ontario native averaged 11.9 points a game and shot .417% from the 3-point line last season. Pangos looked to improve on both sides of the ball, leading Canadas Development Team this summer. Tyler Ennis, Point Guard, Syracuse University (Freshman) As a freshman, Ennis steps into the starting line-up as Michael Carter-Williams left for the NBA, and will take the reigns of the Orangemen offense. As the only true point guard on the roster the Brampton, Ontario playmaker is known as a facilitator, but he can put the ball in the net. Ennis led the Under 19 World FIBA Championships tournament in scoring this past summer, averaging 20.9 points per game. Dwight Powell, Power Forward, Stanford University (Senior) Last season, the Toronto, Ontario native was named Pac-12 Most Improved Player of the Year along with All Pac-12 First Team honours averaging a team-high 14.9 points a game and 8.4 rebounds. Powell spent the summer playing on the Canadian Mens Development Team touring China and competing in the World University Games shooting 61.9% from the field and averaging 12.1 points and 5.1 rebounds. Daniel Mullings, Shooting Guard, New Mexico State (Junior) Mullings is a versatile player and a solid perimeter defender that chipped in 13.8 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.3 steals per game last season. He will have an expanded role this year and was voted pre-season Western Athletic Conference player of the year. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz