Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
carrie201918 Offline

15.04.2019 11:40
id not deter him from t Antworten

DENVER - Patrick Roy returned to the Colorado Avalanche to restore the glory years he helped forge, and hes enjoying the ride with a young team playing at a high level. Tuukka Rask Jersey . Nick Holden scored two goals, Ryan OReilly had a goal and an assist and the Avalanche rallied to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 6-3 on Sunday night. Semyon Varlamov stopped 31 shots and Erik Johnson and Tyson Barrie also scored for the Avalanche, who have won two straight. Roy helped lead Colorado to two Stanley Cup titles in 1996 and 2001 as the goaltender with a dynamic offence in front of him. Now as the coach, hes bringing back memories of that era. "You ask me what reminds me of the Avalanche of the past, thats the type of hockey we were playing," he said. "And thats the way were playing right now." Those championship teams also featured goal-scoring defencemen, something lacking from last years squad. Colorados blue-liners had just five goals in 48 games a year ago. The Avalanche got four goals from its defence Sunday, including Johnsons first in his return from a two-game suspension for a slash on New York Islanders centre Frans Nielsen three weeks ago. "Its tough sitting out, and to be able to come back and contribute and help the team win is fun," he said. Johnson scored the go-ahead goal at 16:05 of the third when he pinched in to steal the puck and then sent a low shot past 6-foot-7 goalie Ben Bishop from along the boards. "I know (Bishop) from St. Louis, and I shot at him a lot," Johnson said. "Hes obviously a big guy and he doesnt give you a lot of room. Sometimes, big guys like that, you throw it at their feet and they dont see it." Nate Thompson had two goals, Tom Pyatt also scored and Bishop finished with 29 saves for the Lightning, who had four penalties in the last 21:28 of the game. "The penalties killed us," centre Alex Killorn said. "Six minutes where we didnt play in their zone." Holden tied it with a power-play goal at 5:12 of the third. It was Colorados sixth power-play goal in the past three games. Holden notched his second two-goal game when he scored into an empty net with 53 seconds remaining. Paul Stastny added another with 6.3 seconds left. "This is a tough one," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. "Tied game with under five minutes to go. I thought we were getting points from this one. We let them slip out of our hands." Thompson has eight goals, and four of them have come in a pair of two-goal games. He got his first one Sunday when he beat Varlamov on the short side 6:40 into the second period to tie it at 2. Later in the period, he sent a wrister at Varlamov that settled in the crease, and then he skated through to knock it in at 17:37. The Lightning missed an opportunity to move into second place in the Atlantic Division and third in the Eastern Conference after Colorados late-game eruption. "I think were going through a little bit of a rough patch," Thompson said. "A couple breakdowns there at the end and they end up in the back of the net, unfortunately." Colorado stayed within three points of St. Louis in the Central Division with the win. The Blues beat Phoenix on Sunday. The game was scoreless for most of the first period despite plenty of chances. Lightning centre Vladislav Namestnikov had two of them and Colorado centre Matt Duchene was stopped on a breakaway. Tampa Bay finally cashed in when Pyatt scored at 16:49 of the first. Barrie tied it 30 seconds later with a shot between Bishops legs, and OReilly gave Colorado a 2-1 lead with his 23rd of the season 1:42 later. NOTES: Duchene and Nathan MacKinnon finished with two assists. ... Tampa Bay C Valtteri Filppula missed his fourth straight game with a non-displaced fracture in his right ankle. ... MacKinnon extended his points streak to 11 games. Its the longest streak by a rookie since Stastny had one of 20 games during the 2006-07 season. Adam Oates Jersey . The R&A announced Monday that golfs oldest championship will return to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland for the first time since Max Faulkner won in 1951. Boston Bruins Jerseys .Those stars, most notably the top line of James van Riemsdyk, Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel, struggled against the Montreal Canadiens and must be better as the Leafs look ahead to facing the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers this weekend. http://www.cheapbruinsjerseys.info/authentic-johnny-bucyk-bruins-jersey/ . Halak did not get the start in the Washington Capitals Tuesday night game against the St.MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins starting rotation has been the biggest reason the franchise has plummeted to the big league basement with four straight seasons of at least 92 losses.The groups monumental struggles have caused the fan base to clamour for a fresh voice from outside the organization to fill the role of pitching coach on new manager Paul Molitors staff. After filling several spots candidates who have strong ties to the Twins, Molitor and general manager Terry Ryan went with an unfamiliar face for arguably the most important position.Neil Allen, the pitching coach for Tampa Bays Triple-A affiliate in Durham for the past four seasons, was appointed as Twins pitching coach on Tuesday. Hes never been a pitching coach in the majors but did play a big role in helping to shepherd several of the Rays top prospects up to the big leagues, including Alex Cobb, Chris Archer and Matt Moore.We decided to start fresh, and I think this is an opportunity for both parties involved, Ryan said. I think this is an opportunity to kind of pave our new way here. It will be a challenge, we know that. Weve got issues here, we know that. We know Neils not afraid of it. And were not afraid to have him at the helm of our pitching staff.The team also hired former Twins closer Eddie Guardado as the bullpen coach and Joe Vavra, who has been an assistant on fired manager Ron Gardenhires staff since 1996, as the bench coach.When Molitor was hired to replace Gardenhire, he said hiring the right pitching coach was essential, given his own background as a Hall of Fame hitter.Coming from the Tampa Bay organization, certainly Neils got a resume and a reputation over there, Ryan said. Not only has he helped them become who they are, individually there are some very impressive guys that have come throuugh him. Zdeno Chara Jersey. ... I liked the tone. I liked the energy. I liked his answers, as did Paul.The 56-year-old Allen was the bullpen coach for the Yankees in 2005 and pitched for the Mets, Cardinals, Yankees, White Sox and Indians during an 11-year big league playing career. Allen said Molitors lack of managerial experience did not deter him from the job, nor did the Twins rotation, which has an ERA that has been at the bottom of the majors for most of the past four years.I think Im very well-groomed and ready for this opportunity, Allen said. Ive been a pitching coach for almost 20 years now and have been on bus rides all around the country, so Ive learned a lot. My philosophy is I want to get to know these guys the best as I can and get them to execute to the best of their abilities. I want them to get to be comfortable with me and what I expect out of them.Guardado spent 12 of his 17 seasons as a reliever with the Twins and figures to bring a fiery edge to a team that has been criticized for lacking competitiveness.Eddie has a lot of the attributes were looking for, Ryan said. Were looking forward to him and Neil working in unison. He has the type of mentality were looking for. He had a great career, most of which was here. And hes familiar with our staff because hes been in camp, which doesnt hurt any.Allen, Guardado and Vavra join hitting coach Tom Brunansky, assistant hitting coach Rudy Hernandez and third base coach Gene Glynn on Molitors staff. Ryan expects to soon hire a first base coach but said previous coaches Terry Steinbach and Scott Ullger would not return.The Twins also announced that right-hander Anthony Swarzak, who spent the last five seasons, was assigned outright to Triple-A Rochester. Swarzak can decline and elect to become a free agent. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz