Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
wh3171 Offline

25.11.2019 03:19
His actions are much louder on the Fenway Park mound Antworten

MIAMI - Henderson Alvarez was a bit rusty. Stitched NBA Jerseys . That didnt last long. Alvarez made a successful return to the mound after missing two starts and pitched seven innings for the Miami Marlins who beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 2-1 on Saturday. "He did a great job today and hes a unique player for sure," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "This guy competes and the beauty of Hendu is that, and I hope and think this is true, hes realized how good he is this year. This guy has great stuff and you saw that tonight." Alvarez (9-5) allowed one run and five hits while striking out six after being reinstated from the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation. He lowered his home ERA to a National League-best 1.46 among qualifiers. "Im just thankful that everything went well today and I was able to go out there and help my team," Alvarez said. "Were in the middle of the (playoff) hunt so this is an important stretch for us." Alvarez threw 58 of 89 pitches for strikes. Two offerings were his Eephus pitch — one registered 58 mph on the radar gun — before he was pulled after the seventh inning. "Chuck (Hernandez) and I sat there and, believe me, we fought the urge to throw him back out there for the eighth, but decided that he did his job and knowing that was his first start back after being a little bit sore was the right thing to do," Redmond said. Steve Cishek pitched the ninth for his 31st save in 34 opportunities. The Diamondbacks made five errors, their most since recording six on July 3, 2010, against the Dodgers. "Through all the mistakes we battled and we only gave up two runs, one unearned and one earned," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. Wade Miley (7-9) struck out nine in seven innings for Arizona. He allowed two runs — one earned — and four hits. "Its a little frustrating, but thats baseball," Miley said. "Alvarez threw a great game." The Marlins scored the go-ahead run in the seventh inning on the Diamondbacks fifth error. Shortstop Cliff Penningtons throw home on a grounder went wide of catcher Miguel Montero, allowing Marcell Ozuna to score from third base. Ozuna moved into scoring position after a dropped pick-off attempt by first baseman Mark Trumbo. Trumbos sacrifice fly gave the Diamondbacks a 1-0 lead in the first, but Alvarez was able to escape further damage after the first three batters singled. Ozuna, the centre fielder, threw out Ender Inciarte at home to help. Arizona racked up three errors in the second inning, but the Marlins were unable to take advantage of the miscues. It was the first time in nearly four years a team (Oakland on Aug. 24, 2010) committed three errors in an inning without allowing a run. Jeff Baker hit an RBI triple in the fourth for the Marlins. TRAINERS ROOM Diamondbacks: SS Chris Owings (left shoulder strain) will begin a rehab assignment with the Arizona League (rookie) Diamondbacks on Sunday and the plan is for him to play for Triple-A Reno on Friday. ... CF A.J. Pollock (right hand surgery) will begin hitting on Monday. ON DECK Marlins RHP Tom Koehler (8-9, 3.86) takes the hill in Sundays series finale against Diamondbacks RHP Josh Collmenter (8-6, 4.09). Koehler has allowed eight runs in nine innings over two starts, both losses, against the Diamondbacks. Collmenter is 0-1 with a 7.71 ERA over his last three starts. ROTATION SHUFFLE Redmond has decided to start RHP Jarred Cosart on Tuesday and RHP Nathan Eovaldi on Wednesday in a two-game set with the Texas Rangers. With two off days next week, the Marlins will not need a fifth starter until Aug. 24 and a decision has not been made whether LHP Brad Hand or RHP Brad Penny will assume that role. STREAKS CONTINUE Inciartes career-long 16-game hitting streak is the longest active streak in the National League. He is hitting .314 (22 for 70) during that stretch. ... Trumbo also continued his streak of reaching base safely in 15 consecutive games, which is the second-longest streak of his career. Nike NBA Jerseys . Browns advice worked. Irving scored 20 points, including seven in the fourth quarter, and Cleveland defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 88-82 Saturday night. Irving made his first shot of the night on a layup a little over three minutes into the game. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. https://www.cheapnbajerseysjustwholesale.com/ . Right-hander Todd Redmond took the loss. Jose Bautista hit his second home run of the spring. Here are a handful of tidbits from around camp: Hutchison impressive The Blue Jays are being cautious when talking about their young arms but internally, excitement is building over the way Drew Hutchison is looking and performing this spring.BOSTON -- Rubby De La Rosa quietly walked up behind reporters waiting for him and went unnoticed before he got their attention. His actions are much louder on the Fenway Park mound. De La Rosa had another strong home start, going seven solid innings to lift the Boston Red Sox to a 2-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday night. "Hes been outstanding at home," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Even in the couple of situations where we gave an extra base runner, he shut it down and pitched with a lot of poise tonight." Mike Napoli hit a tiebreaking homer, sending the defending World Series champions to their sixth win in seven games. Boston is looking to climb back into the race from the AL Easts basement. Kansas Citys Eric Hosmer extended his career-best hitting streak to 15 games with a single. The Royals lost for the eighth time in 11 games, falling to 10-20 in one-run games after leading the AL with 31 victories last season. Napolis homer cleared a billboard atop the Green Monster seats and completely left the park in the sixth. De La Rosa (3-2) gave up one run on five hits, walking four and striking out two. He worked out of trouble most of his outing. "Its fun to pitch here," he said. "I feel comfortable here at Fenway. I like the mound. I like the fans. I feel comfortable here." Danny Duffy (5-10) allowed two runs -- one earned -- on six hits in 6 2-3 innings. It was his fifth loss in six starts, but hes allowed two or fewer runs in four of the losses. "Were not scoring enough runs. Its as simple as that," Royals manager Ned Yost said of the one-run losses. "When we score, we win. Our bullpen does a nice job of holding it close. Its a combination of not capitalizing on opportunities, and we had opportunities tonight, a couple of them." The Royals have scored four total runs, and not more than one in any of Duffys last five losses. "I dont even think about it that way," he said. "These guys in here got my back day in and day out."t; Andrew Miller pitched a perfect eighth and All-Star Koji Uehara a 1-2-3 ninth for his 20th save in 22 chances. NBA Jerseys China. In two of his three home starts, De La Rosa pitched seven shutout innings. In his last one, he gave up three runs in five innings. De La Rosa stranded runners at second base in four of the first six innings, twice also leaving a runner on first. "I didnt try to think about me on base," he said, flashing a quick smile. "I try to think about the next hitter." The Royals grabbed a 1-0 lead in the third when Jarrod Dyson tripled and scored on shortstop Omar Infantes sacrifice fly. Infantes fielding error allowed Bostons tying run in the fourth. With runners on first and second, Infante had Shane Victorinos probable inning-ending, double-play grounder go right through his legs, scoring Napoli. Boston left fielder Jonny Gomes bumped into shortstop Brock Holt, dropping a ball for a two-base error in the fourth, and called off Holt, but had the ball fall in front of him for a double in the fifth. NOTES: Bostons last eight home wins have all been by one run. ... The Red Sox activated RF Victorino from the 15-day DL before the game and optioned OF/INF Mookie Betts to Pawtucket. Victorino, who had been on the DL since May 24 with a strained right hamstring, got a nice ovation before his first at-bat, and went 1 for 3. ... The Royals started Dyson in CF in place of slumping Lorenzo Cain, who is hitless in his last 19 at-bats. "The off days definitely help him, coming off the three days at Tampa on the turf really beat up his legs," Yost said of Cain. "If I could do it the day I wanted, wed give him the day off tomorrow, but theres a lefty going tomorrow." ... Boston sends LHP Jon Lester (9-7, 2.65 ERA) against RHP Yordano Ventura (7-7, 3.22) is the series finale Sunday. Lester has a 6-3 mark with a 1.60 ERA in 10 career starts against Kansas City. ... Actor Steve Carell of "The Office" was in the stands, wearing a Red Sox T-shirt. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz