Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Fanclub-News
zhanjiao1212 Offline

15.04.2019 08:06
Barros set the mark from Dec. Antworten

SURREY, B.C. -- Angus Reids season -- and career -- continued to hang in limbo Tuesday. The veteran B.C. centre will miss his 10th straight game Saturday due to a back injury as the Lions visit the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the second game of a home-and-home series. Reid, a 36-year-old Richmond, B.C., native who has yet to snap the ball in his 13th CFL season, is scheduled to come off the nine-game injured list. But he expects to go back on it, pending a decision that coach Mike Benevides and general manager Wally Buono have yet to make. "Im not ready to play right now," said Reid after limited participation in a practice. "Itll still take some time. I dont know how long thats going to be." Reids injury among a number of health issues that the Lions (6-3) are dealing with as they attempt to post their second straight win over the Ticats (4-5) in their temporary home of Guelph, Ont. Middle linebacker Solomon Elimimian (thigh) and defensive back Ryan Phillips (groin) are questionable after getting hurt in B.C.s 29-26 victory last Friday. "(A return to the nine-game injured list is) probable, because they could still take me off later (before nine games are up), so I think it might just be a better scenario to do that than to go week to week without any knowledge of how long that might be," said Reid. He said the injury, which has raised questions about whether he will be able to continue his career, will likely require surgery after the season. "Ideally, Id like to be (playing) football," he said. "I want the pain alleviated. ... For now, Im doing everything I can to make sure I can play if Im needed and be able to put up with whatever pain there is without doing any more harm. It, hopefully, does get better, but so far it hasnt on its own." Reid has three herniated discs in his lower back, and one is pressing against the sciatic nerve. "Im trying to get it off, because it doesnt allow a lot of movement without pain. ... Im trying my best, every treatment I can to alleviate some of the pain so if need be, if I need to play, I can get it done," he said. "Its not a great scenario, but were working at it." Reid donned his full pads with his teammates Tuesday, but could only participate in limited activity. Still, it was more than he has done in quite some time. He was sidelined early in training camp when years of bending over backward for his team caught up to him. "Im doing all the drills again," said Reid, who has stayed home from road trips. "I did a lot of scout team work (Monday). I didnt do much (Tuesday) with the pads, just because I want to ease into the pounding and want to make sure I can handle it. I dont want to regress." Quarterback Travis Lulay said Reid has still played an important role in the teams progress this season by contributing in team meetings and teaching sessions with other offensive linemen. Reid has put on "a brave face" in light of his own ordeal while attempting to help the team succeed. "Hes still a very respected voice in the locker-room," said Lulay. "Im sure he has his struggles, but he does a good job when hes around the team." Lulay also praised second-year pro Matt Norman, whose transition to centre from guard, planned for Reids anticipated retirement a few years from now, was accelerated by the veteran snappers injury. "(Norman) is getting better every single week," said Lulay. "The more looks he sees, the more different scenarios come up in a game, the better he gets. Hes a smart guy. Youre always looking for a guy who doesnt make the same mistake twice, and hes pretty good about that. Hes pretty good about fixing his mistakes and moving along." Benevides said he still does not know what decision he will make regarding Reid, but was encouraged by his work with the scout team a day earlier. Meanwhile, the coach listed both Elimimian and Phillips as day to day. Elimimian was sidelined in the first half Friday while playing on special teams, but hopes to play Saturday. "Its making progress," said Elimimian. "Im feeling better day to day." Pending Elimimians availability, linebacker Yaser Elqutub, a 25-year-old Katy, Tex., native out of Northwestern State, has a chance to make his CFL debut. Elqutub has been on the practice roster since signing with the Lions on July 1. "Hes been here for a while, hes been preparing and hes been good," said Benevides. "Now, well see if we have to activate him or not." Phillips was hurt in the second quarter against Hamilton, as he tried to get going on coverage of a receiver on a deep route. But he was able to complete the game, and took part in limited drills in practice. "Its getting better," said Phillips. "Im still a little sore and things like that. I didnt try to do anything too much (Tuesday) , to try to pull it or try to run full speed or anything like that." While the defence adapts to possible personnel changes and efforts to prevent Hamilton from staging another late rally, Lulay expects both clubs to throw some wrinkles into their offences. He passed for more than 300 yards for the first time this season Friday, but the B.C. running game still needs to get untracked. Tailback Andrew Harris was held under 100 yards for the third straight game -- and he has yet to gain more than 50 in the past two. "Its been a struggle the last couple games," said Harris. "Obviously, teams are keying on me a little bit more now, and its making things difficult. But in the same vent, we need to be more productive." Note: B.C. linebacker Anton McKenzie is slated to play with a cast on his right thumb for the second straight game after undergoing minor surgery last week. ATLANTA -- Orlando coach Jacque Vaughn challenged his players at halftime to tighten up defensively and force the Atlanta Hawks to take bad shots. Arron Afflalo was pleased that everyone did as they were told. "We got some fast-break layups and made some shots, but defence was the key," Afflalo said. "It got us into a more free-flowing game, which helped us out." Afflalo scored 26 points, Victor Oladipo and Andrew Nicholson added 18 apiece and the Magic snapped a 17-game road losing streak with a 109-92 victory over Atlanta on Tuesday night. Al Horford and Jeff Teague each finished with 15 points for the Hawks, who lost consecutive games for the first time this season. "We had some careless turnovers, and I think that impacted the game in the third quarter," Horford said. "After that, you have to give them credit. They made shots. A lot of them were tough shots, but they made them. They made a run, and we really couldnt recover after that." The Magic began the night having lost four straight overall and five in a row on the road. They won away from Orlando for the first time since last March 4 at New Orleans. Vaughn had planned to start Tobias Harris for the first time this season, but the third-year forward was unable to dress because of recurring issues with his left ankle. Instead, Vaughn went with the lineup of Afflalo, OIadipo, Glen Davis, Nikola Vucevic and Jameer Nelson. Vucevic grabbed 15 rebounds, Nelson added 10 assists, and the Magic got a combined 30 points from Nicholson and ETwaun Moore off the bench. The Hawks never led after Afflalos 3-pointer put the Magic ahead 67-65 with 5:09 left in the third. From there, Orlando went on a 29-9 run. Afflalos 3 started the rally and Oladipos straightaway 3 ended it with 7:12 left in the game. "We came into halftime in decent shape, but we made some shots in the second half which helped us," Vaughn said. "Defensively, we were really aggressive to the basketball. We were locating shooters and we were in the right place. It waas fun to see.dddddddddddd" Orlando snapped a seven-game skid at Philips Arena, winning in Atlanta for the first time since Nov. 26, 2009. The Magic had lost 11 straight in the regular season to their Southeast Divisional rivals. Hawks guard Kyle Korver hit a 3 in his 88th straight game and needs one to tie Dana Barros for the NBAs longest streak. Barros set the mark from Dec. 23, 1994-Jan. 10, 1996, with Philadelphia and Boston. Korver missed his first two 3-point attempts before giving the Hawks a 43-39 lead with 4:06 left in the second. The starting backcourt of Teague and Korver went 1 for 8 from the field in the second half. Vaughn credited Nelson, the Magics longtime point guard, with setting the tone on both ends of the floor. "He hit a 3 from the right side that got him going offensively and then he was able to get downhill and get into the lane and find some shooters," Vaughn said. "He chased Korver tonight and did an excellent job defensively." The Hawks shot 32.4 per cent in the second half while Orlando was shooting 58.1 per cent. "I was coming up short every time," said Teague, who had 19 points and 13 assists in Atlantas home win over the Magic earlier this month. "I was on a fast break one-on-one with Jameer Nelson, and it just comes up short. Its just how it fell for me tonight. No excuse. They played well." NOTES: Harris has missed 12 of 13 games this season with a left ankle sprain. He returned in Sundays home loss to Phoenix, scoring six points in 16 minutes. ... Hawks G Shelvin Mack sprained his left ankle in the second quarter and did not return. Mack had six points in 8 minutes. ... Magic F Maurice Harkless, coming off the bench for the first time this season, finished with three points in 11 minutes. ... Davis took Harkless spot in the starting lineup, finishing with eight points and eight boards. ... Atlanta rookie G Dennis Schroder, the 17th overall draft pick, entered the game late in the fourth. Playing for the first time in four games, Schroder had four points in 5 minutes. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz